2021 ICD-10-PCS Coding Updates
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 (one) continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
What will be covered?
Here is a list of the top 2021 ICD-10-CM changes Marsha will review:
- Implementation of 21 new COVID 19 related ICD-10-PCS codes to capture the introduction and infusion of therapeutics effective January 1, 2021
- Recap of ICD-10-PCS codes for Remdesivir and Convalescent Plasma effective August 1, 2020
- Explanation of new guideline B3.18 Excision/Resection followed by replacement and B5.2b Percutaneous endoscopic approach with extension of incision
- New technology codes for fragmentation procedures
- An overview of the ICD-10-PCS appendices for more effective coding.
Marsha is a big believer in getting to know the PCS tables. She will show you how to navigate the tables, whether in print or digital to ensure correct code selection every time. She will also review the hidden gems within the appendices, including the Body Part Index and the Device Key.
ALL ACCESS PASS
Content specially designed for
Learn to navigate PCS tables, ensure correct code selection, find hidden gems within appendices.
Marsha D. Page
Marsha D. Page, BSHI, CCS, CCS-P, CPMA, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer is a Senior Manager with Northwell Health – New York with over a decade of progressive experience working within the Revenue Cycle. Her specific expertise involves the proper application of the ICD-10-CM/PCS code set within the inpatient facility setting. Marsha has created numerous technical documents to further clarify the principles of the Coding Guidelines, Coding Clinics and index notations.
Her teaching philosophy is to support the coding/auditing staff to develop algorithmic thinking – systematically making decisions that lead to an obvious conclusion. To accomplish this, Marsha has built an extensive SharePoint Knowledgebase to organize vast amounts of information, delivered regular audit feedback to develop comprehension as well as the facilitation of group Q&A sessions to clarify and discuss challenging coding concepts.
As a leader of 28 veteran, high performance auditors she understands that quality education and critical decision-making skills underpin the success of any exceptional Coding and Audit team.