EM CODE CHANGES WITH NEW GUIDELINES AND IMPACT ON
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 (one) continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
What will be covered?
Brief of EM services and what it will look like in 2021, including any revisions to EM codes and a compact review of the impact on documentation.
Learn the specifics of required documentation and how to navigate through it.
Master guideline changes in E/M, including a detailed outline of its three different sections.
Understand prolonged services codes- get clarification on code specific descriptor meanings and coding tips on:
- Exclusion of code(s) 99354, 99355 and more
- The important changes by the CMS in the billing of prolonged services.
The E&M services’ coding and documentation of office visits account for as high as $23 billion in Medicare spending. Hence, clarification of specific descriptors, types of services, and how to interpret the meaning of these changes, becomes an absolute necessity.
Get our expert advice for/to:
- Coding E&M utilising time as element in the purview of an updated definition of time and other factors
- Assigning new codes to prolonged services to demonstrate visit complexity
- Understand how the exclusion of history and physical examination as a component for code selection will reduce the documentation burden of provider, and ways to capitalize on it
- Explore the revisions in the definition of MDM and its various elements
Certification Valid For
Mahendra S. Rajput
A seasoned professional with 11+ years of experience in US Healthcare Industry, Mahendra is currently leading a team of 125 FTEs as the Coding Operations Manager. He is a graduate from Leeds University Business School, UK with a specialization in Organizational Psychology, Medical Coding, Compliance, Revenue Cycle and, Training Development.
With experience in various healthcare operations, he has overseen medical coding, chart auditing, claims editing, AR collections, psychological counseling, and large-scale training programs for young and established organizations.
Mahendra is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and BPS (British Psychology Society) Certified Occupational Test User.